Monday, June 4, 2012

Josh Herbolsheimer's Earth Wolf.


I just learned about the art of Josh Herbolsheimer. He is my favorite artist of the moment.
I'm a toy snob. Most of the designer toys out there are dead to me. When I see something like Herbolsheimer's Earth Wolf, it makes me backflip. Too cool. His paintings are backflip-worthy as well.


If you can get your bottom to Rotofugi by June 24th, check out Herbolsheimer's paintings and pick up his Earth Wolf action figure.

Herbolsheimer's work reminds me of Mary Blair paintings with leprosy. Hunted, rotting, animals, absorbing the natural elements around them. I love the vivid colors.

His blog is HERE.
Order Earth Wolf HERE


Standing an impressive 10 inches tall, this edition of the Earth Wolf is brown vinyl with dark brown and grey sprays with tan, green, red and black accents.
Rotofugi Exclusive version produced by Medicom Toy (JP) for the opening of Josh Herbolsheimer's exhibit in our gallery titled "Fungus Amungus."




(via Toys R Evil)

No comments:

Post a Comment