Monday, April 4, 2011

My five favoritest things at WonderCon 2011.

Wondercon1
5. Costumes. There were a ton of cool costumes. Stormtroopers patrolled the dealer floor at all times.

Wondercon3
4. This poster of King Kong Bundy.

Wondercon2

3. Rosita y Conchita. I love this book and it was cool to meet the author and artist. The book is heart warming, sad, joyous, funny, and has beautiful artwork. There are also instructions on making your own sugar skulls. Buy it.

Ericjoyner
2. Meeting Eric Joyner. Eric's work is inspirational and just incredible. He was gracious and friendly and invited us to visit his studio, which almost knocked the socks off my body from happiness. Eric's site.

Wondercon4

1. Meeting Lloyd Kaufman of Troma Entertainment. We had some mutual friends and had a great conversation. Big Menace took our photo with the mini Toxic Avenger and suddenly a bunch of other people started taking photos of the three of us. I whispered, "I don't know who any of these people are. Why are they taking our picture?" Lloyd whispered back, "They need something to masturbate to tonight."

 

Bonus happiness: Seeing my friend Sean. Seeing Danny and Dave from Reality Check TV. Getting great deals on silver age Marvel reprints (my eyeballs can't read my old pocketbook sized reprint books anymore) and having one girl recognize my Reverse Italian Spider Man shirt.

(The Eric Joyner painting is from his site.)

No comments:

Post a Comment