Tuesday, March 29, 2011

David Petersen's stampin' it.

Stamped_book
David Petersen, creator of Mouse Guard has come up with this clever idea for signing books. In the past Petersen always drew a small mouse next to his signature when autographing books. However, with five books published, he was finding the lines at his booth were growing and his artwork was getting sloppier as he tried to keep up, SO:

"I will hand carve a stamp each year and in lieu of the mouse doodle, I'll stamp your book. This will also mean that I can re-stamp it the following year with the new stamp if you like."

Petersen's stamp is carved into a Speedy-Carve block and due to the nature of block printing, will look somewhat unique for each book he stamps. I think it's a sweet idea and I can see this being copied by other artists.

I've mentioned David Petersen's Mouse Guard a few times on Lioncorn and I can't recommend it enough. Here's the Amazon link to the first book.

Stamp_print

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment