Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Son of a Satan lover.


A couple of years ago, my brother and I were helping my mom clean out her attic when I ran across these photos. These are my parents.

Needless to say, my brother and I were more than a little surprised.

My mom laughed and explained, the photos were taken by a writer/artist named Hal Painter in 1966. He was writing a piece on Anton LaVey's recently opened Church of Satan in San Francisco and needed some photographs to go along with the article.

My parents had modeled for him before (that story is for another time) and my dad knew a great spot, in Fall Creek State Park.


Neither of my parents know if the pictures were used or if the article was even written, much less published. If anyone has a copy of an article on The Church of Satan by Hal Painter, I would really like a copy.


No comments:

Post a Comment